Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sentence Six

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hoesseini

His sentence: Ofcourse, marrying a poet was one thing, but fathering a son who preferred burying his face in poetry books to hunting... well, that wasn't how Baba had envisioned it, I suppose.

My thoughts: Hoesseini used alot of loose technique in this sentence. He used ellipses to create a dramatic pause in the sentence. He made it seem as if the speaker was sort of 'beating around the bush'. He used phrases like "ofcourse" and "I suppose" and "well" to make it seem even more as if the sentence was directly from his thought process.

My sentence: Indeed, dating a singer was one thing, but having a roommate who preferred blasting loud music over doing homework... well, that wasn't how Davie had planned it, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment