Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sentence Eight

Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse

Her sentence: In my closet are two boxes, the gatherings of my life, school drawings, a broken hairpin, a dress from my baby days, my first lock of hair, a tiny basket woven from prarie grass, a doll with a China head, a pink ball, three dozen marbles, a fan from Baxter's funeral home, my baby teeth in a glass jar, a torn map of the world, two candy wrappers, a thousand things I haven't looked at in years.

My thoughts: Hesse used asyndeton, meaning she left out conjunctions, to make the list seem like it went on and on and on- never ending.

My sentence: In the trunk of my car are six bags, three shoes, a black dress, a bottle of lotion, school books, a phone charger, things that I've collected over the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment